Durvet Wormer Pyrantel Pamoate
|Availability:||In stock (5)|
For the removal and control of mature infections of large strongyles, small strongyles, pinworms and large roundsworms in horses and ponies.
- Apple flavor that horses love!
- Easily administered paste-gel
- Replaceable cap preserves partial dosages
- Safe and efficacious
- Can be administered to foals as young as 2 months of age
- Safe to administer to pregnant mares up to 1 month prior to anticipated foaling date
- May be given to nursing mares 10 days after foaling
Pyrantel pamoate - 3.60 gm
After removing the cap, administer a single oral dose of 3mg pyrantel base per pound of body weight deposited on the dorsum of the tongue. Introduce the nozzle end of the syringe at the corner of the mouth. Direct the syringe backwards and depress the plunger to deposit the paste onto the tongue. Given in this manner, it is unlikely that rejection of the paste will occur. Raising the horse's head sometimes assists in the swallowing process. When only part of the paste has been used, replace the cap on the syringe nozzle.
The syringe has four weight mark increments. Each weight mark indicates the recommended dose for 300 pounds of body weight. One syringe contains sufficient paste to treat one 1,200 lb. horse at the recommended dose.
See label for complete dosage instructions.