Terramycin Eye Ointment 1/8 oz

$27.95
Article number: 4756
Availability: In stock (1)

Terramycin Ophthalmic Ointment 1/8 oz


Terramycin (oxytetracycline HCl) Ophthalmic Ointment with Polymyxin B Sulfate is indicated for the prevention and local treatment of superficial ocular infections due to oxytetracycline- and polymyxin-sensitive organisms, including infections due to Streptococci, Rickettsiae, E. coli, and A. aerogenes, such as conjunctivitis, keratitis, pink eye, corneal ulcer, blepharitis in dogs, cats, cattle, sheep, and horses; ocular infections due to secondary bacterial complications of distemper in dogs; and bacterial inflammatory conditions that may occur secondary to other infectious diseases in the above species.

Terramycin
Zoetis
(Oxytetracycline Hydrochloride and Polymyxin B Sulfate Ophthalmic Ointment)
Antibiotic
Ophthalmic Ointment
DESCRIPTION: Terramycin (Oxytetracycline Hydrochloride and Polymyxin B Sulfate Ophthalmic Ointment) is an antibiotic, bright yellow in color, possessing potent antimicrobial activity. It is one of the most versatile of the broad-spectrum antibiotics, and is effective in the treatment of infections due to gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, both aerobic and anaerobic, spirochetes, rickettsiae, and certain of the larger viruses.
Polymyxin B sulfate is one of a group of related antibiotics derived from Bacillus polymyxa. The polymyxins are rapidly bactericidal, this action being exclusively against gram-negative bacteria.

INDICATIONS AND USAGE: Terramycin is indicated for the prophylaxis and local treatment of superficial ocular infections due to oxytetracycline and polymyxin-sensitive organisms, including infections due to streptococci, rickettsiae, E. coli, and A. aerogenes, such as conjunctivitis, keratitis, pink eye, corneal ulcer, blepharitis in dogs, cats, cattle, sheep, and horses; ocular infections due to secondary bacterial complications of distemper in dogs, and bacterial inflammatory conditions which may occur secondary to other infectious diseases in the above species.
WARNING: Serious, life threatening, hypersensitivity (anaphylactic) reactions have been reported in some cats following application of antibiotic ophthalmic preparations. If your cat has swelling of the face, itching, appears weak, vomits, or has difficulty breathing within 4 hours of application you should discontinue treatment and contact your veterinarian immediately.

0 stars based on 0 reviews